Group and private courses at all levels, year round, morning and afternoon:
The groups are small and this favours effective interaction in class and active involvement of students in excercises of linguistic production (simulation, role play, discussions on specific subjects, group work , games). Collaborative learning is encouraged and lecturing is kept to a minimum as is the use of a second language. All teaching materials are provided at the beginning of the course. The structure and the contents of the programmes for all levels are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (C.E.F.R.).
- Every day from Monday to Friday.
- Courses are for a minimum of 2 weeks, each lesson is 50 minutes and the maximum number of students per class is 12.
- Intensive courses with 4 lessons per day: divided into 2 modules, the first is focused on grammar and on syntax and the second on the development of vocabulary and on communication.
- Semi – Intensive courses with 2 italian lessons per day: study of grammatical structures and syntax, development of vocabulary and communication.
- Courses are held in the afternoons; they can be done simultaneously with the group language courses which are in the mornings.
- Courses are done in cycles of 10 lessons of 50 minutes each.
- Two-hour introductory lesson are obligatory for those with no previous experience.
- Lessons include lectures with slides, books and/or other printed material, as well as guided visits to specific places of interest in the city and to its works of art. The teachers are also official tour guides authorized by the town of Florence.