Following its cooperation with the European Commission for the development of language learning computer-based programs for visually impaired people, two TANDEM International member schools will participate during 2010 in the Comenius new ELLVIS program.
Centro Machiavelli is responsible for the adaption of the English course for blind Italian-speaking learners and leads the project together with UICI, the Florence institute for the blind and visually impaired.
TANDEM Hamburg will adapt the course for French speaking learners and is responsible for the skripting of the audio files.
Other organizations from France, Germany, Italy, and Romania are invovled in the ELLVIS project:
- DAA, Deutsche Angestellten-Akademie (Berlin office)
- Institut Montéclair, French institute for visually impaired people
- UICI, Italian Union of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- ANB Brásov, a local section of the Romanian Association of the Blind
- CCGBV Brásov, German Language and Culture Centre in Romania
The English course uses a Joystick as haptic device and consists of audio files. Both TANDEM language schools, together with the Romanian language institute ANB Brásov will record and edit a myriad of audio files.
The project started last year with a kick-off meeting in Florence at the end of October 2009, and will last until the end of March 2011.
Coordinating Institution: Centro de lingua e cultura italiana per straneri Machiavelli (TANDEM Florence)
Contact: Silvano Ghisolfi