The Spanish school, TANDEM Madrid, one of the funding members of the TANDEM International network of independent language schools, has recently launched an interesting special group offer for this summer 2009.
This special offer is addressed to primary and secondary school groups, universities and educational institutions whose students need to learn Spanish.
TANDEM Madrid is an independent Spanish school with its own personality: innovative, experienced, and quality-oriented. It is located in the heart of Madrid in a 19th century palace with exceptional architectural features, and beside the Parliament, the Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofía Modern Art Museum and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Gallery. The school has 14 air-conditioned classrooms, a garden-courtyard, a multimedia room, library and catering area.
Summer Offer 2009 – TANDEM Madrid
TANDEM Madrid has had extensive and successful experience with programs of this type, with Italian, German, Austrian, and British Institutions.
TANDEM Madrid offers to your clients a special summer offer for groups, this offers will run from the 1st of June to the 31th October.
The information is as follows:
- GROUPS: Secondary schools, primary schools, educational institutions, universities
- STUDENTS: Between 8 and 30 people + chaperone
- DATES: Any time during the year from Sunday to Sunday (TANDEM is only closed one week during Christmas)
- COURSE: Spanish course, 4 hours/day 09:30- 13:00
- CULTURAL PROGRAM: One daily activity
- ROOM AND BOARD: Double room with a family with half-board (breakfast and dinner)
- CHAPERONES: 1 chaperone
- INSURANCE: Medical and travel insurance
- OPTIONAL TRANSFER: Airport-School, School-Airport by bus
The program consists of one week of Spanish classes combined with different cultural activities that requires the use of the target language.
In addition, it includes the organization of the lodging with Spanish families in double rooms with half-board (breakfast and dinner).
The Sunday of the arrival, the bus will bring the students directly to the school, where they will have a short orientation. They will receive folders with all pertinent information, become familiarized with Madrid, etc. Afterwards, they will be picked up by their host families who will bring them to their respective homes.
The language course will take place from Monday to Friday, from 09:30 to 13:00 (break from 11:00 to 11:30) in two closed groups.
During the two morning blocks, the group will have two different teachers, both of whom work with the communicative methodology, and will have intensive practice focusing on oral and listening skills.
If the schools wish, the classes can be designed towards the resolution of particular tasks or tailored to cover important themes for their learning: the media, the environment, the youth in Spain, etc.
The cultural program is designed to promote the continuous use of the target language. Therefore, the program is composed of one daily activity, from Monday to Thursday, as well as one excursion to a place with historical-artistic interest on Saturday. The directors of the TANDEM Cultural Program who also serve as the guides and tutors of the group organize all of the activities.
The activities during the weekdays could be, among others:
- An organized linguistic exchange meeting with students of various secondary schools in Madrid
- Visits to museums, theatres, and places of artistic interest in Madrid
- Gastronomic tasting
- Flamenco class
- Dance or theatre show
- 1 hafl day excursión to El Escorial or Alcalá de Henares
***Optional: 1 day excursión
Students will be staying with elected host families that will accommodate the students in their homes, in double rooms with half-board (breakfast and dinner).
The participants should abide by the schedules established for nightly curfew, by the host families and their institution, in agreement with TANDEM.
The teachers are also invited to stay with one of the host families. The cost will be covered by TANDEM.
Each participant will receive a packet with all of the important information about Madrid. The packet will also include a card with the address of their host family, a contact telephone number from TANDEM in case of emergency. The school will be of assistance for any situation that may arise.
Organization of the Homestay
Previous to the group arrival, we will have constant contact in order to exchange information. Regarding the student’s level, it is important that each student completes a level test prior to their arrival. Normally we mail you the test and suggest that it be completed as soon as possible so that we are able to organize the program.
In addition, details regarding allergies or any special diets are asked to be forwarded as soon as possible.
The base costs are:
- The course
- The homestay in a double room, with half-board
- The cultural program with all associated costs (tickets, guides, entrances to shows, etc.)
1 week, classes, cultural program + double room with half board
Nett price per student
- Course: 190, 00 Euros
- Homestay: 180, 00 Euros
- Cultural Program and: 90, 00 Euros
- TOTAL 460,00 Euros x student
***Optional: Tansfer airport-school-airport: 40€ per student
The price of the cultural program includes:
- guided bus tour of Madrid
- Entrances to museums, shows, etc.
- a dinner/lunch
- chocolate with churros or tapas
- Clown Class
- information packet
- 1 half day excursion round trip train/bus ticket to El Escorial or Alcalá Henares. Optional 1 day excursion to Segovia/Toledo
- welcome snack and orientation material
- farewell snack
- guides for all of the activities